Eaton Home Improvements Ltd
85 Great Portland Street
Tel: 0333 224 1111
Email: [email protected]
Thank you for allowing us to carry out improvement work at your home during COVID-19. We would like to reassure you that our No.1 priority is keeping you, your families and our colleagues safe.
How We’ll Protect You
With the right care and consideration, it’s perfectly possible for us to carry out surveys and installations at your home whilst keeping everyone safe. This policy sets out precisely how we’ll go about these processes following the latest government and industry advice from GGF Glass and Glazing Federation.
What We Will Do
Just to set your mind at rest we promise any of our colleagues that visit your home will:
- Have been assessed and determined free from COVID19 symptoms.
- Be fully aware of safety procedures and stick to government guidelines.
- Keep a safe distance from you, or wear PPE where this is not possible.
- Wear the correct PPE clothes when working in enclosed spaces including gloves, face masks, and over-shoe protectors (where necessary).
- Regularly wash or sanitise hands with alcohol gel.
- Use floor covering across the whole entire area throughout the period of installation.
- Only enter rooms they need to work in, and only use the toilet/wash facilities that you designate. You do not have designate a toilet facility if you prefer not to.
- Bring their own food and drink (which they’ll consume away from the mosque building but permitted on the car park).
- We can provide PPE for Ghamkol Sharif staff if required.
What We’ll Need You to Do……..
- Apply social distancing measures
- Avoid touching any materials or equipment being used in the survey/installation
- If we need to discuss anything with you, be prepared to hold the conversation outside, if we can
- Keep your home as ventilated as possible
- Avoid letting visitors into your home during the appointment
What we need to know before the visit. The safety of everyone is our top priority, so here are a few things to consider.
- Is anyone in your household deemed high risk or self isolating? If so, unfortunately, we won’t be able to carry out the survey/installation. But don’t worry we will be in touch to re arrange in 14 days.
- Is anyone in your house showing symptoms of COVID-19?
- Again, if this is the case, we’ll have to re arrange. You can expect a call from one of our Customer Care team in 14 days
Could Eaton Home Entering Your Home Put You at Risk?
We’ll do everything we can to minimise any risk to you and will carry out risk assessments at every stage. Just to reassure you, our colleagues will sign a declaration that they are fit for work, wear all the necessary PPE and keep a safe distance.
Are There Any Sick or Elderly People Living in Your Home?
If anyone in your home is considered extra vulnerable (as outlined in government guidance), we won’t be able to visit-but we can if a) they’re elderly but with no underlying health problems, or b) you can safely isolate them during our visit. Therefore, we will assess your situation on an individual basis.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT ON THE DAY
- Arrive at the agreed date and time
- Confirm with you that neither we nor anyone in your household is showing symptoms of COVID-19
- Let you know the plan of action to complete the job
- Ask you to show us to a part of your home where we can sit and chat with you while sticking to safety guidelines
- Stick to safe operating guidelines and working distances where we can, or otherwise wear additional PPE
- Please note that if anyone shows symptoms during the visit, we will have to excuse ourselves and leave immediately
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
We’ll do everything we can to keep you and your family safe. The PPE we use will depend on the layout of your home and the nature of the job. However, when working in enclosed spaces, our team will wear a mask, gloves and in certain circumstances a visor. We will take all our PPE away for safe disposal after the appointment.
Frequently asked questions
Do we need to be at home while you’re installing?
You’ll need to be there to let us in and go through the action plan for the day, but once we’ve done that, you’re free to come and go.
If we’re at home, do we need to isolate in separate rooms?
Yes please-it’s best to be in a different room while the work’s being carried out.
How do I know the Eaton Home Improvement people are safe to come into my home?
We carry out risk assessments before every job, and these now include checking the team have no COVID-19 symptoms and are safe to work.
If you’d like to know more…If you need any further information please find below some useful links.
We’ll update this guide as when Government advice changes. Thanks once again! We’re looking forward to meeting you. In the meantime, please stay safe!